Waveform Visualization Tool
LiveWire is a simple data analysis program for scientists and engineers who want to visualize and analyze large amounts of waveform data. It supports the importation and exportation of industry-standard data file formats, such as COMTRADE, EMTDC, and PTI (PSS/E). It also provides users with the ability to import and export general data formats such as comma-separated variable files (*.csv) and text files (*.txt). LiveWire even provides the means to generate data from user-defined equations and import/export data from other applications using the clipboard.
- Power quality
- View and study of logged process data
- Performance automotive
- Electro-magnetic/mechanical transients
- Control systems
- Signal analysis
- Economic projections
- Stock analysis
- Geological fault analysis
- Metallurgy (strain and stress analysis)
- Astronomy (background noise radiation analysis)
What kind of data can be imported?
LiveWire can import/export files that are compliant with the following industry standards:
- COMTRADE – (IEEE industry standard for transient data exchange, power quality studies)
- EMTDC – (PSCAD file format)
- PTI (PSS/E) – (Power Technologies Inc. PSS/E 25)
- Comma Separated Variable – (General format)
- Text and Tab Delimited – (General format)
Data can also be copied from any application complying with Microsoft Windows standards and pasted directly into LiveWire.
Simple to use.
LiveWire fills that need with a simple robust design. The workspace is a split window containing a “navigation tree” on the right and a “worksheet” on the left.
Z Systems has a 3-step approach to data analysis
Import your data – Data will appear as a tree item on the navigation tree.
Create your graph – Choose from any of the many graphs and place it anywhere on the worksheet.
Insert your data into the graph – Copy the data from the navigation tree and paste it into the graph.
Key Feature List
- Unlimited data support
- Flicker free panning/zooming of data
- COMTRADE, EMTDC, and PTI (PSS/E) file format support
- CSV and TEXT file format support
- Data and file synchronization
- Curve/Trace math
- Mathematical equation generation
- Interactive annotation layer
- Printing template (complete with interactive margins, header, footer, and printable components)
- Digital/Analog trace support
- Theoretical data generation
- Interactive markers
- Interactive cross hairs
- Interactive pop-up tool bars
- Flicker free box/horizontal/vertical zoom support
- Copy the components as Bitmaps and Metafiles on a frame-by-frame basis
- Multiple worksheets
- Multiple selections, sorting, and grouping of data in the tree
- Multiple selections, arrangement, and grouping of components and data
- Multiple view support (3D, Metal, Plain)
- Zooming capabilities from 25 – 400% in the worksheets
- Copy/Paste data support
- NULL data support
- +/ – Infinity data support
- Easy navigation of data
- Buffered internal data
- Manual and automatic reloading of imported data
- Focused zooming
- Undo/Redo/Reset zoom
- Intelligent grid support (unique to LiveWire)
- Interactive offset controls
- Interactive graph and trace properties.
- Dynamic graph aperture (unique to LiveWire)
- Load/Save workspace support
- Data analysis (interactive makers, crosshair, etc.)
- Harmonic analysis support
- No macros to remember
- and numerous other interactive features